When using Windows XP Mode to operate micro-T software on a Windows 7 computer, the USB reader must be attached to the virtual machine before use.
1. Launch the virtual machine.
2. Insert the micro-T USB reader into the computer.
3. Select USB from the virtual machine menu.
4. Click on Unidentified Device to attach the port to the virtual machine as opposed to the main computer.
Note: If more than one Unidentified Device is shown, select the bottom one first. If this is not the correct device please try the other options until the 1 Wire Device is found.
5. Install the driver according to the following article: Installing micro-T Driver