The incompatibility issue with Windows 7 is caused by the USB driver used in micro-T. The only way to run micro-T on Windows 7 is to use a Windows XP virtual machine. There are many choices of virtual machine software. This FAQ will cover the free Microsoft Virtual PC with Windows XP Mode. User must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to be able to use Windows XP Mode.
Download Microsoft Virtual PC with Windows XP Mode
The software package can be downloaded here:
Make sure to select the correct version of Windows 7 and follow the instructions on the website to download and install Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode.
A system reboot will be needed to complete the installation process.
Run micro-T Software in Windows XP Mode
- Run Windows XP Mode under Start Menu | All Programs | Windows Virtual PC | Windows XP Mode
- Under Windows XP Mode, install micro-T software from the CD.
- Close Windows XP Mode
- Plug the micro-T USB reader in to your computer
- Go to Start Menu | Programs | Windows Virtual PC | Windows XP Mode Applications | NexSens | micro-T and click on micro-T Software (Windows XP Mode) to run micro-T under Windows XP Mode
- Open or create a new project in micro-T
- Right click on the micro-T icon on the task bar and choose Manage USB Device
- Select Unidentified Device and click Attach to allow Windows XP Mode to access your micro-T USB reader
- Windows XP Mode will ask you to install driver for the USB reader. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver
- micro-T should be ready to use. Repeat step 4 through 7 every time you want to run micro-T under Windows XP Mode