Each WQSensor ships assembled, tested, and calibrated to factory specifications. To get started, insert the WQSensors software CD included with the sensor into a computer and follow the wizard to install the software. Note that the WQSensors software is compatible with Windows XP 32-bit, Windows Vista32-bit and Windows 7 32-bit.
Preparing for Measurements
Note: When preparing the sensor, be careful not to touch the membrane. The oils on skin can affect the dissolution of oxygen through the membrane and in turn affect the readings of the sensor.
- Unscrew Membrane Cartridge at the bottom of the electrode.
- Rinse the Membrane Cartridge with distilled water, blot dry.
- Rinse the internal anode/cathode element with distilled water, blot dry.
- Fill Membrane Cartridge with the provided DO Electrolyte solution
- Replace the filled Membrane Cartridge. Finger-tighten until snug. Do not over tighten. Rinse the assembled electrode with distilled water.
- Place the electrode in the electrode holder. Immerse the tip of the electrode in de-ionized water and stir the water for 5 minutes. This will properly clean the electrode.