The CB-CCA cage clamp accessory securely connects an instrument cage to the frame of a CB-Series data buoy system and prevents rotation or loosening of the cage.
- (1) Cage security bracket
- (2) End plates
- (1) ¾” bolt, 4-½”, with pinhole
- (3) ¾” bolts, 4-½”
- (1) ¾” castle nut
- (3) ¾” nuts
- (4) ¾” lock washers
- (1) Cotter pin
- Place the cage security bracket onto the ends of the cage and frame.
- Run the bolt with pinhole downward through the buoy frame so that the bottom sticks out through the center of the cage. Place a lock washer and the castle nut onto the bolt. Use a pair of 1-1/8” or adjustable wrenches to tighten the castle nut so that the cage cannot spin around the bolt and the pinhole aligns with the ridges in the nut. A large amount of force is needed to properly tighten the nut. Do NOT install the cotter pin yet.
- Place the end plates over the center bolt and secure with the three remaining bolts, lock washers and nuts. Tighten each securely.
- Run the cotter pin through the hole in the center bolt and bend the long leg around one of the ridges on the castle nut.