Sensor(s) not found during X2 auto-detection
If a connected sensor is not identified by the X2 following the completion of the auto-detection process, verify the following:
- Check that the sensor signals are wired properly and that all cable connections are fully seated.
- Verify that the detection script for the sensor has been developed, is loaded onto the X2, and is enabled to run.
- Confirm that all required configuration settings for the sensor have been applied.
- Each connected SDI-12 or Modbus sensor must have unique addresses to avoid conflicting with one another.
- Each RS-232 sensor must be connected to a unique port to avoid conflicting with another (1 sensor to P0, 1 sensor to P1, 1 sensor to P2)
- Many multi-parameter sensors have a software setting to specify which parameters are output, or in what format the data is supplied.
- Many highly customizable sensors, such as a current profiler or wave sensor, require setting the instrument into a ‘deployment mode’ before external communications will work.
- Verify that sufficient 12VDC power is being supplied to the X2.
- The X2 Diagnostic cable power, for example, may not provide enough current to properly power up certain sensors causing them to not respond during the detection process.
- Old SLA-type batteries, or those that have fallen to a voltage that is too low, may be unable to output the system current required for detection.
Once all of the above have been verified, contact NexSens Technology for further assistance.