Install a SIM Card into an X2-CB Cellular Logger
To install a SIM card into the integrated cell modem of an X2-CB data logger reference the following steps:
9/16″ Socket Wrench
Phillips-head Screw Driver
1. Disconnect the 6-pin solar panel or UW-6 USB cable from the X2-CB SOLAR/COM port to remove power from the data logger.
2. [For CB-150, 450 buoys only] Remove the buoy’s solar tower to gain access to the data well.
- Remove the (6) 3/8-16×3/4 bolts and 3/8 lock washers holding the solar tower to the buoy using a 9/16 socket wrench
3. Remove the (8) 3/8-16×3/4 bolts and 3/8 lock washers from the X2-CB using a 9/16 socket wrench, loosening them in a cross pattern.
4. Lift up the plate to reveal the 6-pin plug connecting the battery harness in the data well to the bottom cable of the X2 logger. Disconnect this.
5. Remove the (8) 8-32 x 1/2 screws holding the X2 enclosure to the metal plate.
Caution!!!- Be sure to statically ground yourself prior to touching any of the electronics inside the X2 logger
6. Invert the logger plate to expose the RTU PCB of the X2.
7. Locate the SIM slot tray on the cell modem and gently push the tray forward to unlock it as indicated by the inscribed ‘open’ arrow at the base of the tray.
8. Slide the SIM into the tray such that the indentation on the card will align with the same indentation on the holder when closed.
9. Gently swing the tray closed and press forward gently to lock it back into place.
10. Place the X2-CB base on top of its plate.
a. Ensure the large exterior O-ring is secure in its grooves and is making proper contact with the bottom of the logger plate.
b. Orient the X2-CB plate such that the power cable feeding up through the bottom of the base lies flat when closed.
11. Align the blank plate threads with the top plate and thread the (8) 8-32 x 1/2 screws in halfway, before tightening in a cross pattern with a Phillips Screwdriver.
12. Place the re-assembled X2-CB back on top of the data well.
a. Make sure the primary O-ring is clear of debris and centered in the groove.
b. Reconnect the 6-pin plug on the bottom cable of the X2 logger to the battery harness cable in the datawell.
c. Align the plate and re-install the (8) 3/8-16×3/4 bolts and 3/8 lock washers, tightening them in a cross-pattern using a 9/16 socket wrench.