Access a SD Card
9/16″ Socket Wrench
Phillips-head Screw Driver
Remove the X2-CB Housing
1. Disconnect the 6-pin solar panel or UW-6 USB cable from the X2-CB SOLAR/COM port to remove power from the data logger.
2. [For CB-150, 450 buoys only] Remove the (6) 3/8-16×3/4 bolts and 3/8 lock washers holding the solar tower to the buoy using a 9/16 socket wrench.
3. Remove the (8) 3/8-16×3/4 bolts and 3/8 lock washers from the X2-CB using a 9/16 socket wrench, loosening them in a cross pattern.
4. Lift up the plate to disconnect the 6-pin plug connecting the battery harness in the data well to the bottom cable of the X2 logger.
5. Invert the logger to access and remove the (8) Phillips-head screws holding the X2 housing to the CB-plate.
Caution!!!- Be sure to statically ground yourself prior to touching any of the electronics inside the X2 logger
6. Gently lift the housing off of the plate to expose the data logger electronics.
7. Disconnect the molex power cable connecting the electronics to the battery harness.
Access RTU SD Card
8. Locate the Buoy P2-B JST port on the X2-CB expansion PCB. The SD card slot for the RTU is located directly above it on the underside of the topmost-facing PCB.
9. Press the SD card inward towards its mount to unlock it. After successful disengagement, remove the card (using tweezers as necessary) from the slot.
Access Main SD Card
10. Locate the side of the circuit board that has (5) white JST cable connectors visible.
11. Gently disconnect the UW8-P2 cable from the X2 by depressing the JST connector clip and pulling back on the connector.
12. Use tweezers to press inwards on the SD card to unlock it.
13. Remove the Main SD Card.
Reassemble the X2-CB Housing
14. Reconnect the molex power connector such that the latch and hook (as well as the primary wire colors) align.
15. Align the enclosure with the threaded inserts of the CB plate. Ensure the large exterior O-ring is securely seated in the enclosure channel and will make proper contact with the CB plate.
16. Orient the X2-CB plate such that the power cable feeding up through the bottom of the base lies flat when closed.
17. Align the CB plate threads with the top plate and thread the (8) 8-32 x 1/2 screws in halfway, before tightening in a cross pattern with a Phillips Screwdriver.
18. Place the re-assembled X2-CB back on top of the data well.
a. Make sure the primary data well O-ring is clear of debris and centered in the groove.
b. Reconnect the 6-pin plug on the bottom cable of the X2 logger to the battery harness cable in the datawell.
c. Align the plate and re-install the (8) 3/8-16×3/4 bolts and 3/8 lock washers, tightening them in a cross-pattern using a 9/16 socket wrench.