No Rain Response
If a deployed G2-Rain does not appear to be registering any precipitation during an event, check the following:
- Verify that the siphoning bucket is clean. Leaf-matter, spider nests, and other debris can obstruct water flow and prevent it from reaching the tipping arm.
- Remove the bucket and verify that the rubber band affixed to the tipping arm to stabilize it during shipment has been removed.
- Verify that the two fork terminal leads are securely tightened to the Reed switch (center) and one of the two grounding screws.
- Force the bucket to tip a set number of times by either manually moving the tipping arm, or pouring water through the top (the latter is recommended).
- Record the # of tips forced or heard.
- Compare the # of tips observed to the # of tips logged by the G2-Rain and uploaded at the next transmission interval. If less or none of the test tips were logged, check that the Reed switch is functioning properly.