Maintenance of a SP-35 Solar Panel Kit includes the following items:
- Battery Replacement whenever the voltage falls below ~11.5V, every 3-5 years, or if performance declines (whichever comes first)
- Replacement of the A70 vent at the bottom of the box every 2 years.
- Replacement of desiccant any time the enclosure lid is opened or if internal moisture is observed.
- Solar Regulator Replacement only in the event of failure.
- Keep the panel face clear from debris (bird droppings, snow/ice etc.).
- Keep natural obstructions near the panel deployment location, most commonly vegetative canopy cover, to a minimum.
- Small obstructions to the panel can result in significant decline in panel charge output.
- If removing the SP35 from service, disconnect the ‘PWR OUT’ cable from the battery box. Any connected devices to this port will continue to draw power and will drain the battery.