9/16″ Socket Wrench
Phillips-head Screw Driver
Tweezers (recommended, not required)
1. Disconnect the 6-pin solar panel or UW-6 USB cable from the X2-CB SOLAR/COM port to remove power from the data logger.
2. [For CB-150, 450 buoys only] Remove the buoy’s solar tower to gain access to the data well.
- Remove the (6) 3/8-16×3/4 bolts and 3/8 lock washers holding the solar tower to the buoy using a 9/16 socket wrench
Caution!!!- Be sure to statically ground yourself prior to touching any of the electronics inside the X2 logger
10. Install the new SD card identically to the original and click into place.
11. Place the X2-CB plate back on top of its base.
a. Ensure the eight small O-rings and the large exterior O-ring are secure in their grooves and are making proper contact with the bottom of the logger plate.
12. Align the blank plate threads with the top plate and hand-thread the (8) 8-32 x 1/2 O-ring screws halfway, before tightening in a cross pattern with a Phillips Screwdriver.
13. Place the re-assembled X2-CB back on top of the data well.
a. Make sure the primary O-ring is clear of debris and centered in the groove.