9/16″ Socket Wrench
Phillips-head Screw Driver
Tweezers (recommended, not required)
1. Disconnect the 6-pin solar panel or UW-6 USB cable from the X2-CB SOLAR/COM port to remove power from the data logger.
2. [For CB-150, 450 buoys only] Remove the buoy’s solar tower to gain access to the data well.
- Remove the (6) 3/8-16×3/4 bolts and 3/8 lock washers holding the solar tower to the buoy using a 9/16 socket wrench
Caution!!!- Be sure to statically ground yourself prior to touching any of the electronics inside the X2 logger
7. Gently pull up on the connector of the white UFL cable on the old modem to disconnect it. Take care to not pull on the wire, but the metal head end itself. The use of tweezers can help pop the connector out.
10. Align the pins and apply even pressure to both sides of the modem to push it into place.
11. Attach the free end of the UFL cable to the ‘cell’ socket on the new modem. Push down on the connector until a click is heard.
12. Place the X2-CB plate back on top of its base.
a. Ensure the eight small O-rings and the large exterior O-ring are secure in their grooves and are making proper contact with the bottom of the logger plate.
13. Align the blank plate threads with the top plate and hand-thread the (8) 8-32 x 1/2 O-ring screws halfway, before tightening in a cross pattern with a Phillips Screwdriver.
14. Place the re-assembled X2-CB back on top of the data well.
a. Make sure the primary O-ring is clear of debris and centered in the groove.